French River is a great place to stop for a night or two if you are travelling on the Trans-Canada Highway. It’s an easy drive from Sudbury, Ontario and is located in the heart of the vast Canadian wilderness. It’s a perfect spot to get out of your car, breathe fresh air, and enjoy nature at its finest.
French River is also home to one of Canada’s largest provincial parks, which spans over 3,000 square kilometres within Ontario’s Algoma District. The park was established in 1893 and protects its own sandy beach along Lake Huron; it also has scenic trails for hiking with spectacular views of the lake.
One thing to note is that French River is a pretty small town, and it’s easy to get around on foot. Be sure to explore some of the other historic sites, including the still-functioning train station, which was built in 1892. French river fishing lodges are driven by the fact that the town has been a filming location for several movies, including A Few Good Men and The 6th Day.
If you’re looking for fun things to do in luxury cottage resorts during your visit to this region in Ontario.
You might want to check out the following activities:
- Hiking: Head out on a hiking trail near french river fishing lodges and explore Canada’s natural beauty up close. You can choose from a wide range of hiking trails available in this town.
- Go skiing or snowboarding: In winter months when temperatures drop below freezing point, you can head to one of Ontario’s ski resorts for some winter fun in Canada. There are several ski resorts near French river fishing lodges that are popular with tourists from across Canada and the United States. While there are many skiing facilities near this town, we recommend visiting luxury cottage resorts in Ontario because it’s popular with skiers and snowboarders alike it offers more than 60 runs spread across three mountains!
- Take a horseback riding tour: If you want to experience horseback riding while on your trip to Ontario but don’t know how to ride a horse, you can always take a tour of the region on horseback. You can take a riding tour of and its surrounding areas, or you can visit one of the local stables to learn how to ride a horse.
- Visit an art gallery: If you’re in the mood for some art while on your trip to french river fishing lodges and Ontario, you won’t be disappointed with the selection of art galleries available in this region. In fact, there are more than 30 art galleries in this town alone! a local brewery: If you’re a beer lover, you will love visiting Bancroft’s local breweries. This town is known for its amazing craft beer, and it has more than 10 breweries that offer delicious brews. Some of these breweries are open to the public, so you can visit them anytime during your trip to Ontario and try out their craft beers.
- Visit a local winery: There are several wineries near luxury cottage resorts in Ontario that offer some of the finest wines in Canada. You can visit one of these wineries during your trip to Ontario and sample some delicious wines made right here in Canada!
- Go on a wine tasting tour: If you want to taste some of the finest wines in Ontario while on your trip to this region, you can always take a wine tasting tour with one of the local tour operators. Most operators offer several tours that include visits to different wineries near french river where they introduce you to interesting facts about wine making and serve you some amazing wines.
- Enjoy a meal at a fine dining restaurant: Luxury cottage resorts in Ontario are home to many fine restaurants that serve high-quality meals at affordable prices. You can choose from an array of dining options – from fast food joints, cafes and diners serving all kinds of cuisines such as Italian, Mexican, Chinese and more – as well as casual-dining restaurants serving gourmet meals at affordable prices.